Announcing: Take Your Rubber Chicken to Dinner!
Take Your Rubber Chicken To Dinnerstarts now and ends April 23rd. This should give you plenty of time to visit Yelp and other web sites to determine which restaurants are rubber-chicken-friendly. Plenty of time.
(2011 Take Your Rubber Chicken to Work Week winning photo by Tina Caputo)
Ready to go? Just a few simple rules:
- Go to someplace to eat, not your own home, and take your rubber chicken with you. (This seems obvious, doesn’t it?)
- The rubber chicken(s) (you may take more than one) must be made of some rubber-like compound (does it stretch a little? bingo!) and must look like a chicken (absolutely no *%#&@! duckies!) It does not have to be a Twisted Oak Original Recipe Rubber Chicken. But it wouldn’t hurt either.
- Take pictures or video of your rubber chicken at dinner. Pro tip: One good picture is more likely to win than a bunch of average pictures. Please just send your best, we recommend sending six or less. (We also reserve the right to select a few of your many for the voting.) Another hint: FOCUS!
- Send us your high resolution photo(s) or video (email email@example.com), or post them up someplace and send us an email telling us where they are. (Hint: if you post them, make sure they are publicly accessible! You may even choose to post them on the wall of the Twisted Oak Facebook page.)
- You have until April 23rd (that’s 11:59pm PDT if you MUST get technical) to send us your entry. We will acknowledge your entry. If you don’t hear back from us in a day or two, panic.
- Fabulous compensation will be awarded for the best photos and videos submitted. The Twisted Judges will select a number of semifinalists, and the best entry will be chosen by public vote. If there is a tie in the final voting the best entry will be chosen by Twisted Oak Winery staff. (Hey, it could happen.)
- Submissions will be judged for humor, originality, humor, creativity, humor, and technique. Did we mention humor?
- You must be 21 years or older to enter.
- By sending your photos or videos to Twisted Oak Winery LLC, you agree to let us publish them to twistedoak.com and to our social media, and publish them in any printed matter. We don’t expect this permission to be exclusive, and we can’t and won’t transfer that permission to anyone else without asking you first. And when we do publish your photos and/or videos, we will always give you full credit. That’s forever.
- Twisted Oak Winery reserves the right to disqualify any entry that does not meet the spirit of the event, is a no-no where you live, or does not follow the rules. We also reserve the right to disqualify any votes that are determined to constitute ballot stuffing. Play nice!
- Twisted Oak Winery is not responsible for bad food, bad service, bad wine choices, overcooked meat, mushy peas, or the tab for dinner. That’s on you. Besides, this is supposed to be fun!
And the compensation? All qualified entries will receive a $10 MasterCluck gift card, which can be used to order wine online at twistedoak.com. Finalists will receive a $75 MasterCluck gift card, and the best entry will receive a $250 MasterCluck gift card!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
A little disclaimer: Twisted Oak Winery LLC compensates photographers for good work, for use in its marketing efforts. Compensation is in the form of “store credit”. We hope that’s clear enough.
[Updates] More info:
FAQ #1: It doesn’t have to be dinner food.
FAQ #2: It just has to look like a rubber chicken.
FAQ #3: You do have to leave the house.