Day of the River of Dead Skulls Dinner!
Come and learn the True Meaning of "Calaveras**," and to celebrate the Day of the Dead with a fabulous Winemaker Dinner! It's happening Saturday, November 3rd, 2018, starting at 6:30pm, at the Alchemy Cafe 191 Main Street in Murphys.
Did you know that the first skull evolved more than 500 million years ago to protect tiny fish brains? It was for an early form of hagfish, which is a disgusting, slime-producing, eel-shaped fish. But anyway...
We are having a fun multi-course plated winemaker dinner with a Mexican theme:
- Yummy appetizers! Like: Mini Butternut Squash Tamales; Shrimp Ceviche Tostadas; Picadillo Empanadas with beef, carrots and raisins
- House made Corn Tortillas with Butter
- Chipotle Butternut Squash Soup
- Southwestern Salad with Black Beans, Corn, Cotija Cheese
- Mole Poblano Pork Shanks (vegetarian option*** available, please let us know about dietary needs in the Order Notes)
- And for dessert, Espresso Crème Brulee with Mini Churros
Each course is paired with one or more Twisted Oak wines, including some library vintages, and of course, the River of Skulls!
All this - and no more hagfish stories! - for just $75 all inclusive. (Twisted Few members pay just $65 each and may bring any number of guests.)
And - All wines poured will be available for purchase at some very special prices, that night only.
Space is limited (thanks to the Fire Marshall, who is really just doing their job) so purchase your tickets now! Don't be disappointed!
Costume contest: Show up in costume and/or face paint! We'll have a prize or two for the best!
** This dinner event is part of the Murphys Day of the Dead celebration taking place all day on November 3rd. Come out for the whole day and have dinner with us that night!
*** Black Bean and Potato Enchiladas. Yum! Most of the other courses are either already vegetarian and can be. Please do request this in advance so we have enough.