El Bloggo Torcido
("The Twisted Blog" - more or less)
Welcome to the new home of The Twisted Blog! If you are looking for older posts you can find them here. Have fun!
Take Your Rubber Chicken To Dinner starts now and ends April 23rd. This should give you plenty of time to visit Yelp and other web sites to determine which restaurants are rubber-chicken-friendly. Plenty of time.
(2011 Take Your Rubber Chicken to Work Week winning photo by Tina Caputo)
Ready to go? Just a few simple rules:
- Go to someplace to eat, not your own home, and take your rubber chicken with you. (This seems obvious, doesn't it?)
- The rubber chicken(s) (you may take more than one) must be made of some rubber-like compound (does it stretch a little? bingo!) and must look like a chicken (absolutely no *%#&@! duckies!) It does not have to be a Twisted Oak Original Recipe Rubber Chicken. But it wouldn't hurt either.
- Take pictures or video of your rubber chicken at dinner. Pro tip: One good picture is more likely to win than a bunch of average pictures. Please just send your best, we recommend sending six or less. (We also reserve the right to select a few of your many for the voting.) Another hint: FOCUS!
- Send us your high resolution photo(s) or video (email firstname.lastname@example.org), or post them up someplace and send us an email telling us where they are. (Hint: if you post them, make sure they are publicly accessible! You may even choose to post them on the wall of the Twisted Oak Facebook page.)
- You have until April 23rd (that's 11:59pm PDT if you MUST get technical) to send us your entry. We will acknowledge your entry. If you don't hear back from us in a day or two, panic.
- Fabulous compensation will be awarded for the best photos and videos submitted. The Twisted Judges will select a number of semifinalists, and the best entry will be chosen by public vote. If there is a tie in the final voting the best entry will be chosen by Twisted Oak Winery staff. (Hey, it could happen.)
- Submissions will be judged for humor, originality, humor, creativity, humor, and technique. Did we mention humor?
- You must be 21 years or older to enter.
- By sending your photos or videos to Twisted Oak Winery LLC, you agree to let us publish them to twistedoak.com and to our social media, and publish them in any printed matter. We don't expect this permission to be exclusive, and we can't and won't transfer that permission to anyone else without asking you first. And when we do publish your photos and/or videos, we will always give you full credit. That's forever.
- Twisted Oak Winery reserves the right to disqualify any entry that does not meet the spirit of the event, is a no-no where you live, or does not follow the rules. We also reserve the right to disqualify any votes that are determined to constitute ballot stuffing. Play nice!
- Twisted Oak Winery is not responsible for bad food, bad service, bad wine choices, overcooked meat, mushy peas, or the tab for dinner. That's on you. Besides, this is supposed to be fun!
And the compensation? All qualified entries will receive a $10 MasterCluck gift card, which can be used to order wine online at twistedoak.com. Finalists will receive a $75 MasterCluck gift card, and the best entry will receive a $250 MasterCluck gift card!
Questions? Email email@example.com
A little disclaimer: Twisted Oak Winery LLC compensates photographers for good work, for use in its marketing efforts. Compensation is in the form of "store credit". We hope that's clear enough.
[Updates] More info:
Wine Blogging Wednesday was once a regular staple of El Bloggo Torcido, and it's nice to see the monthly event is back in working order. This month (today!) is being hosted by our buddy Joe Roberts, the 1WineDude, and the theme is "Singles Night".
Have no fear, married people can participate too! The idea is taste and write about a wine from a single vineyard. Fortunately, there is no shortage of single vineyard wines in our scuderia, to wit:
- Dalton: River of Skulls, Viognier
- Twisted: Torcido, The Spaniard, Graciano
- Tanner: Syrah, Petite Sirah, Carignane
- Clondaire: Ruben's Blend
- Parcel 17: Parcel 17
- Munari: Picpoul
We realize this is late notice but we only got the memo this morning. We'll do better next time. So if you can swing, try once of these wines tonight and let us know what you think in the comments. Or post a review on the wine page. Or both!
So, yes, it does kind of look like the old web site, at least the colors. We hope you like the new, more piratical and chicken-y look. But we also hope you spend a moment to check out the cleaner navigation, snazzy product page, and maybe spot a ghost or two in the machine...
Click over on the first menu item and check out the new product page. Instead of a drab list of wines you get some groupings that actually make some sort of Twisted sense. Move your mouse over one of the bottles and you'll see a button that says "Quick View". Give that a clickeroo....
I'm digging the new Quick View because it organizes everything you want to know about each wine - Overview, Profile/tasting notes, Geek-y stuff, and Reviews - yet it still easy to drop it into your Shopping Sack. (And I especially like that our Twisted Few and Twisted Freak members can clearly see their special pricing.) If you want, just click on the bottle and you can see the full page view.
The content of the rest of the site is pretty much unchanged, except of course the fact that we have brought El Bloggo Torcido back in from the cold and given it a home inside our cozy warm web site. In the coming months we'll be adding more content in the form of local info and resources - kind of like Your Twisted Concierge - only different - and of course, new wines! In the meantime, stay tuned because I plan to continue blathering here on a very regular basis.
A new web site, and a new home and look for El Bloggo Torcido. And an actual blog post, even!
First a bit of business: older El Bloggo Torcido content still exists at http://twistedoak.typepad.com/
We thought long and hard about whether to bring that content over to our vin65.com host, but decided the hours required would not be worth it. Instead, we'll be going back and scouring the old blog for some of the more fun posts to ressurect for your enjoyment.
In the near term, we'll be talking about the changes to the web site - it may look similar to the old one, but there's some new coolness under the hood - and getting on with the business of 2012.
And, as always, a bit of fun! Bwa ha ha!
June 15, 2017
April 21, 2017
March 16, 2017
February 14, 2017
January 10, 2017
February 8, 2015
July 23, 2014
June 16, 2014(2 Comments)
November 25, 2013
October 25, 2013
- December 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (2)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (4)