Rub and Jerk Chicken
Introduce your pals to the world of Jamaica by beer roasting Jamaican spices into the cavity of a young bird.
1. Rinse & clean whole chicken (removing giblets & neck). Sip your favorite Twisted Oak wine (suggestions below).
2. Rub the chicken with love and prefered spices (see below), to the tunes of Bob Marley or Twisted Sister or whatever floats your boat. Sip on that Twisted Oak wine.
3. Pour favorite juices (see below) into a beer can roaster stand (stainless steel, or if industrious, a hand carved roaster of an emptied beer can). A couple more sips of that oh-so tasty Twisted wine.
4. Gently violate the chicken by inserting the roaster into the lower cavity of the chicken. Sip, sip.
5. Flap wings up & down for shock value and general jest. Sip & pass the Twisted wine to the left hand side.
6. Bake chicken at 375 for approx 90 minutes (4 lb. bird). Sip that succulent, satisfying wine and play Twister with your friends.
7. Remove carefully and place on serving dish. The jerked chick should melt in your mouth! Share that melting mouth with a swish and swallow of that superb Twisted Oak wine.
Serve with seasonal veggies. Suggestions: Kabocha squash, yams, gingered carrots and greens.
Rub the inside & outside of the chicken the following mixture:
3 Tbsp Jamaican Jerk Blend (purchase at your local spice shop - The Spice Tin in Murphy's is highly recommended). Or make your own with ginger, brown mustard seed, thyme, fennel seed, red pepper & cloves to taste.
2 Tbsp brown sugar
Salt & Pepper to taste
HINTS: Some Like It Hot: add cayenne, spicy BBQ sauce or diced dehydrated peppers.
Fill container 3/4 full of favorite beer (suggest Red Stripe)
3 smashed garlic cloves
1/4 Tbsp diced lemon rind & juice of 112 meyer lemon.